- To write the essays, use only The American Yawp‘s Chapters 24 and 25 and the primary sources assigned to each question.
- After briefly introducing the subject, state your argument.
- Back your argument with 3 supporting historical examples taken from the assigned material: one based on the textbook, one on the primary sources, and you decide on the third one.
- Include a brief conclusion that restates your argument and reflects on its importance.
- Do not include any quotes. Identify the quotes that you deem necessary and paraphrase them. All paraphrasis requires for you to cite the source.
- On paraphrasing, see https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/589/01…