You were selected the new HR director for the retail company and now have been in the position for approximately 6 months. Your approach to strategy, planning and selection have been quite successful thus far, and now it is time to address the organization’s expectations for performance and development of employees since these components of HR strategy are critical in achieving business outcomes and success.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Critically analyze and discuss any research (web or textbook) training process model you may consider for use in developing employees (here’s an idea: https://educationaltechnology.net/the-addie-model-… . Then identify and discuss some possible challenges that might be faced in implementing a new training process in the company.
2. List and briefly discuss at least three (3) types or methods of training that can be used for employee training. Of the 3 which would you select to train the retail the retail employees and why? Be specific.
3. Differentiate the concept of performance management and performance appraisal with three (3) to four (4) key points. Then, make your case to leadership for or against using annual performance appraisals in the organization. Be specific with your perspective.
4. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment (with running head), the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length. Use the Strayer University Library at https://research.strayer.edu to locate additional sources to support your work.