This Activity is comprised of three (3) parts.Your Activity responses should be both grammatically and mechanically correct, and formatted in the same fashion as the Activity itself.If there is a Part A, your response should identify a Part A, etc.In addition, you must appropriately cite all resources used in your response and document in a bibliography using APA style)(A 4-page response is required for the combination of Parts A, B, and C.)
Part A The most popular source of capital for new ventures is private investors; these investors are called angels and are typically people the entrepreneur knows or has met through business acquaintances. Today many angels have joined forces to create large pools of capital called angel networks.
1. Perform research to find at least four (4) angel networks that exist in your state; if your state does not have four networks, then find networks by looking at bordering states.(If you live outside the United States, change “state” to “province” or “region” in the above instructions.)
2. provide a general description of each angel network, its investment criteria, and the contact information in your response.
Part B Many areas of the United States offer access to venture capital through institutes or organizations established on the campuses of major universities. The university acts as a conduit through which the entrepreneurs and investors are matched and assumes no liability for, nor has any ownership interest in, either the new venture or the investor’s company.
1. .Perform research to find one (1) major university offering access to venture capital that is geographically close to you.If you live outside the United States, first perform this research within your country. If none exists, then you should research major universities in the United States.
2. Provide a general description of an institute’s or university’s offering, its investment criteria, and the contact information in your response. Discuss if the institute or organization targets a specific industry.
Part C Many states provide venture capital funds or a loan program to help new and growing ventures.
1. Perform research to find out if your state offers any venture capital funds or loan programs to help new and growing ventures. If your state does not provide this type of funding, investigate and describe a neighboring state’s funding.(If you live outside the United States, change “state” to “province” or “region” in the above instructions.)
2. .Provide a general description of your state’s offering, its investment criteria, and the contact information (i.e., address, phone, Web site, etc.) in your response.