– You are to prepare and submit in a Microsoft word document.
– Use proper APA for citations and format, which includes using Times New Roman (Font 12).
– State each topic question followed by your response in paragraph form. Your response to the questions combined should be at least 5-6 pages (minimum two paragraphs for each topic question, with exception to topic question 1 which only requires one paragraph, per subtopic question).
– Based on the assigned readings, your responses are to be in your own words with minimal quotes. Please keep in mind that even when you paraphrase, you must properly cite.
– Please address the following as they pertain to Intellectual Property:
What is Intellectual Property (IP) and how does counterfeit merchandise impact the U.S. economy?
What safety and health concerns are posed by counterfeit products?
How does IP theft pose an existential threat to national security?
Discuss the action that prompted the “border control offensive” and made the issue of illegal immigration a priority.
What are “Smart Borders”?
How have the SMART Port Security, the SAFE Port Act, the Small Vessel Security Strategy, and the Marine Transportation Security Act impacted port security?
What are the similarities and differences of the external borders of New Europe compared to that of the U.S. – Mexico border?
Cruz, J., Landa, M., & Garcia, M. (2016). Trump, Cruz, and the neighborhood. Washington: The Council on Hemispheric Affairs.
De León, J., Gokee, C., & Schubert, A. (2015). “By the time I get to Arizona”: Citizenship, materiality, and contested identities along the US-Mexico border. Anthropological Quarterly, 88(2), 445-479.
Ewing, W. A. (2014). “Enemy territory”: Immigration enforcement in the US-Mexico borderlands. Journal on Migration and Human Security, 2(3), 198-222.
Mexican border wall. (2017). Congressional Digest, 96(2), 10.
President Trump’s Executive Order. (2017). President Trump issues executive order for border security, immigration enforcement improvements. Targeted News Service.
Berdell, J., & Ghoshal, A. (2015). US-Mexico border tourism and day trips: An aberration in globalization? Latin American Economic Review, 24(1), 1-18.
Disclosure of information for certain intellectual property rights enforced at the border. (2015). Lanham: Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.
Maoh, H. F., Khan, S. A., and Anderson, W. P. (2015). Truck movement across the Canada-US border: The effects of 9/11 and other factors. Journal of Transport Geography, 53. 12-21.
Bush, G. W. (2002). Statement on signing the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002. Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, 38, 2095-2096.
Chairman Rockefeller remarks on SAFE port act reauthorization: Securing our nation’s critical infrastructure. (2010). Lanham: Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.
Baird, T. (2016). Surveillance design communities in Europe: A network analysis. Surveillance & Society, 14(1), 34-58.
Bremberg, N. (2015). The European Union as security community-building institution: Venues, networks and co-operative security practices. Journal Of Common Market Studies, 53(3), 674-692.
Gardner-Bledsoe, A. (2017). Strengthening security in an age of irregular migration flows: Considerations for applied security research. Journal of Applied Security Research, (12)1. 196-198.
Just in case you need my password.