1. Where did the IRGC come from? How did and does it fit into the state-society nexus, according to Forozan and Shahi?
2. How did the IRGC become an economic player?
3. What changed for the IRGC after President Ahmadinejad gave way to Rouhani? What has stayed the same?
4. What purpose do elections serve in Iran, according to Boroumand, and how has this changed over the life of the Islamic Republic?
5. What does Boroumand’s analysis of the 2017 elections tell us about the state of the regime and the state of civil society in Iran today?