Inter-firm learning is crucial to most business partnerships. Using the Kohtamaki (2010) article, “Relationship Governance and Learning in Partnerships,” as a guide, think about how governance structures explain the effectiveness of learning in partnerships. Consider a specific example from your research of a particular governance structure that stimulated learning by both partners and a specific example where a particular governance structure hindered or extinguished learning.
For each example above, cite the particular governance structure used, and the expected results. For the success story, did the structure perform as intended, or were there unexpected results of a positive or negative nature? For the failure example, were there any positive results of the applied structure? Suggest a governance structure that you believe would have worked better.
To complete this Assignment, respond to the following in a 3- to 4-page paper:
- Evaluate the importance of inter-firm learning in successful partnerships.
- Explain how inter-firm learning contributes to the success of business partnerships.
- How can inter-firm learning be promoted?
- Analyze how governance structures facilitate inter-firm learning in partnerships.
- From your research, cite a particular governance structure designed to stimulate learning by both partners and describe how it should work.
- How do governance structures promote inter-firm learning throughout all levels of employees in a partnership?
- What can HR professionals specifically do to ensure that governance structures enhance the effectiveness of inter-firm learning?
All work must be original and in APA format. I have included some resources for your reference.