Identify another student whose essay has not yet been peer-reviewed. Read the essay and respond to the writer no later than Friday midnight CST, with answers to all of the following questions (adapted from Greene and Lidinsky):
- Are the questions and issues that motivate the writer clear? How can this context be clarified?
- What is the writer’s thesis, his/her main argument, focus?
- Has the writer effectively related the conversation that published writers are engaged in? How so? What work remains to be done to better contextualize the writer’s thesis?
- Is the writer addressing the audience’s concerns effectively? Anticipating counter- arguments?
- What passages of the draft are most effective? Why?
- What passages of the draft are least effective? Why?
- As a reader, I suggest this writer focus his/her revision efforts in this way: ___________
- Respond to the writer’s specific questions.
Note: you will need at least 300 words to response appropriately and substantively.