College of Engineering
Department of Biomedical Engineering
You are required to do a term paper for this class. The topic of term paper is of your choosing as long as it covers some type of statics or biomechanics that is based on skeletal clinical biomechanics. Some possible examples include: postural sway during standing tasks, stress on the body due to yoga, topics in sports biomechanics, topics in joint replacements, topics in dental implants, or prosthetics that concern patient balance. Topics dealing with cell and tissue, cardiovascular mechanics, or instrumentation (i.e. how a prosthetic is designed) will not be appropriate. If you have questions please speak with me.
You will find between 5 and 7 peer reviewed published articles. All of the papers must be published within the last 5 years. I will allow you to have 1 paper within the last 15 years.
Review the articles and then combine what you have learned into your paper. The paper is to be structured as follows:
- Abstract:200 words or less. This is a summary of your paper. Provide the highlights of what you have written in each of the sections. You will lose points if you go over 200 words.
- Introduction:Explain what your topic is. Why it is important and why people are studying it. Describe the reviewed papers purposes and hypotheses and your hypothesis for this paper.
- Methods: What was done? How were things measured? What are the differences and similarities? What statistical methods were used? How are you going to analyze the data to answer your question?
- Results: What did everyone find? What are the results that you have determined through your analysis.
- Discussion:This is the most important part of your paper. This is where you talk about everything you learned, why it is important, what your results mean and why are they clinically relevant and why should people care about this. Also include strengths and weaknesses of the papers and your own results limitations. Last paragraph should be a conclusion.
- References:In the standard format.
To be successful you will need at least 5 to 7 pages and no more than 10 pages.
NOTE : TELL ME BEOFRE U START WRITE THE PAPER WHICH TOPIC U WILL PICK I WILL LEAVE THAT FOR U
AND WRITE UR OWN WORD