Week 2 – Assignment
Multi-Level Talent Management Plan
Week 2’s assignment builds on Week 1’s assignment and will be part of the final assignment—a Global HR Acquisition Plan. In your previous week’s readings, you learned about the history and evolution of human resource management. For this week, the timeline continues with the process of evaluating the demographics of a selected country as it relates to talent management. This sort of evaluation allows organizations to have a better idea of the complexities that have to be planned for in the global market. Specifically, you will expand your understanding of the challenges experienced in distance corporate leadership between the parent country (the United States) and the host country (India) relating to talent retention. For this assignment, you will develop a Multi-Level Talent Management Plan.
For this assignment, you will
- Evaluate multi-level approaches (i.e., approaches targeting the parent country, the host country, and third country nationals) to talent management.
- Explain the competencies necessary to manage employees from home headquarters, employees from India, and third-country nationals.
- Devise strategies to address recruitment, selection, succession planning, and retention.
- Explain how the shortage of talent in India impacts these elements.
- Assess the availability of low-cost labor from India and how that impacts these elements.
The Multi-Level Talent Management Plan
- Must be a minimum of three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least four scholarly, peer reviewed, and/or credible sources, which includes the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center