2019 AOJ 200 US SUPREME COURT CASE REPORT (25 Points)INSTRUCTIONS for Case #1:
- Your case is United States v Mendenhall
- Research the case and read the Supreme Court decision.
- Produce a type written report, single spaced and no longer than two pages, using the outlinebelow. Title each section and answer each.
- Use your own words and sentences. Demonstrate to my satisfaction that you understand whatthe decision was about. Do not cut and paste from the court decision.
- Punctuation, grammar, sentence structure and adherence to the outline will be graded.
TITLE: Your Name, the Date and the case citation
- Describe the IncidentWrite one or two paragraphs to identify the involved parties and describe the incident.
- The Trial Court DecisionIdentify the court and write one paragraph to summarize the trial court decision.
- The Appellate Court DecisionIdentify the court and write one paragraph to summarize the appellate court, if any.
- The US Supreme Court Majority OpinionIdentify the number of Justices and write one paragraph to summarize the majority decision.
- The US Supreme Court Minority OpinionIdentify the number of Justices and write one paragraph to summarize the minority decision.
- Your CommentsWrite one paragraph to summarize your view of the case and the decision.PRINT YOUR FINAL REPORT & SUBMIT TO ME IN CLASS Due on or before May 1st, 2018