This week you will construct this 2-4 page introduction to your topic. You will need to support this information with at least 10-12 peer-reviewed journal articles published within the last five years. Note: Your eventual dissertation will require you to support your research with at least 85% of your articles based upon research findings from within the last five years.
The Introduction should present these required components:
- Present an overview of the general topic(s).
- Describe the larger context in which the problem exists.
- Present an overview of why the topic of study is relevant and warranted.
- Briefly explain prior research on the topic(s) and why the topic is of practical, empirical, and theoretical importance.
- Clearly lead the reader to the problem statement. The reader should not be surprised by the content of the problem statement after reading the Introduction.
- Do not explicitly state the proposed study’s purpose or methodology as these are addressed in later sections.
- Assure all assertions are supported with scholarly evidence.
Length: 2-4 pages not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and include improvements made after integrating feedback on assignments submitted throughout the course. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.